WHAT IS A CCIM? When you need advice on your taxes and accounting, you use a CPA. When you need help with financial planning for investments and retirement, you use a CFP. When you need expertise in commercial investment real estate, you use a CCIM. CCIM designees are an invaluable resource for commercial real estate owners, investors, and users. ~ Three out of four Brokers at Saratoga are CCIM Designees and one is a candidate.
Saratoga strongly encourages our Brokers to attain the CCIM Designation.
~ EXPERIENCE BACKED BY EDUCATION For more than 40 years, Certified Commercial Investment Members (CCIM) have been recognized as experts in commercial investment real estate.
• Backed by the most challenging commercial real estate education program in the industry, CCIM designees bring an exceptional level of real-world experience, market knowledge, and negotiation skills to each client assignment.
• Only six percent of all commercial real estate practitioners hold the elite CCIM designation
• Each CCIM has successfully completed a graduate-level program comprised of 200 hours of education in a curriculum focusing on financial, market, user decision and investment analyses
• Candidates for the designation must also submit a portfolio of qualifying experience showing a depth of practical knowledge in the field and successfully pass a day-long comprehensive exam - designees are proficient not only in theory but also in practice.
• All CCIM designees have mastered such theories and issues as the time value of money, measuring investment performance, cash flow, analyzing the best use of a site, property supply and demand, evaluating and managing risk, lease versus own analysis, market demographics, negotiations, tax implications, financing options, and geospatial technologies. CCIM designees apply this expertise to each brokerage assignment, lease negotiation, development project, or consulting role involving every commercial property type: office buildings, industrial properties, retail space, multifamily dwellings, hotels and hotels, senior living facilities, special purpose real estate, and land.
UNPARALLELED ONLINE TOOLS All CCIMS have access to the most comprehensive technology tools in commercial real estate. The CCIM Site To Do Business is the premier resource for market information and trends. It offers comprehensive integration of demographic information, GIS, and analytical and financial tools. GLOBAL RESOURCES Today, there are CCIMs in every state, across Canada and Mexico, and in more than 30 nations overseas. Domestically, the network encompasses more than 1,000 markets, large and small. Globally, CCIMs comprise one of the largest commercial real estate networks in the world. This powerful force means a CCIM has the resources to close a client transaction or provide a referral across the country or around the globe. WHY USE A CCIM? There are countless benefits to working with a CCIM: • Commercial real estate investment requires the counsel of a qualified professional. This holds true for the individual owner of an apartment building or the real estate director of a multinational corporation. • A Certified Commercial Investment Member provides clients with the assurance that every decision will be made in the best interest of the client’s long-term investment objective. • CCIM designees are bound to the strictest ethical guidelines and standards of practice in the industry today. Industry experience. Unparalleled education. Today’s technology. A network of support. These factors set CCIM designees apart from the competition. When assembling a commercial real estate investment team, start with a CCIM.
Ken Reinschmidt President, Saratoga Commercial Real Estate